The question in people’s mind and particularly those in the know about blockchain systems is "Is blockchain poised to be 'the next big thing' in education?" The next question to pose is "Do the education system require a blockchain?" Well, that is a good place to start in regards to the future of blockchain systems in eduction.
Apparently, in the past, blockchain was solely associated with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. It can still be very difficult to disentangle Bitcoin from blockchain. However, that notion is changing as the blockchain systems continue to encroach other fields in our lives.
In the past, information regarding blockchain and education was just for marketing purposes. But now there are various websites offering platforms for educators and tutors to interact regardless of their geographical differences and time. Most notably, Ntok.io utilizes the blockchain ideology to decentralize education for all those involved.
It's important to note that these online education platforms can take advantage of cryptocurrencies to totally eliminate geographical boundaries between tutors and students. In addition, it is worth noting that the tutors are credible and reviewed via the blockchain system; a process that is not possible to alter. The need for schools and other institutions is minimized as the systems utilize a peer-to-peer learning platform lowering the cost per lesson.
Why does this matter?
As we go into the future, education will continue to be democratized, decentralized and diversified. The increased emphasis to secure a job and to be relevant as an individual in society will continue to push us in this direction. Blockchain could help facilitate this growth by connecting students with the high-quality tutors they deserve regardless of location.
How can it be used?
- Single Institutions of learning: This includes colleges and universities.
- A Cluster of Institutions: A group of institutions can come together and agree to share content and certification.
- National blockchain database: It is important to have a single place of certification nationwide. A place where a whole country can access information from.
- Corporate training: Companies around the world deliver numerous training to their employees. It is important that this information be shared and utilized from time to time in a safe way
- Apprenticeships: Nowadays, governments all over the world have realized the importance of vocational training. This training can be done and shared via blockchain systems.
- Bodies of Knowledge: Bodies around the world like Wikipedia should have the capability of issuing proof of learning through blockchain system.
To sum up, blockchain is a technology that has the capability of offering learning across the world to individuals, organizations, government and institutions of learning. It is imperative that we look past the traditional methods of certification and give these systems a chance.
Ntok.io is here to do just that.